Fundamentals of BIM
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
What is Building Information Modeling and how can BIM provide value in design and construction? This on-demand webinar provides an overview of the broad range of technology which is included in BIM for architecture, engineering, construction and building operations, and presents current approaches to incorporating the technology across the building lifecycle. You will gain an understanding of the basic elements and principles which differentiate BIM from 2D and 3D CAD solutions, and will learn which methods and process changes companies are adopting to succeed with BIM. The presenters will conclude by engaging you in a discussion of the opportunities for BIM in the future.
- You will be able to discuss the current state of BIM.
- You will be able to identify value of BIM in design.
- You will be able to explain value of BIM in construction.
- You will be able to discuss opportunities in design and construction.
AuthorsErin Rae Hoffer, AIA LEED® BD+C, Autodesk, Inc.
Tyler Goss, CASE
Current State of BIM
• Basic Principles
• Elements, Methods
• Across Building Lifecycle
Value of BIM in Design
• Sources of Value for Design
• Road Map of Applications
- Design Visualization
• Process Change
Value of BIM in Construction
• Sources of Value for Construction
• BIM Processes in Construction
- Comparison to Traditional Processes
- Project Staffing and Scheduling
- Coordination, Information and Decision-Making
• Power of Computation
Opportunities in Design and Construction
• Future of the BIM-Enabled AECO Eco-System