Screening Commercial Tenants:Priorities and Pitfalls
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
In this economic environment many commercial landlords are experiencing increasingly high default and vacancy rates while the value of their assets is, in many jurisdictions, plummeting. This OnDemand Webinar is designed to assist commercial landlords, property management corporations and commercial lenders in securing viable commercial tenants during these turbulent times by providing methods to create a uniform tenant screening process. This program will highlight key due diligence during the tenant screening process and provide tips to avoid common leasing pitfalls. Because selecting a viable tenant and conducting the right due diligence before executing a commercial lease can result in decreasing default and vacancy rates, this OnDemand Webinar provides critical information for any party seeking to maximize the value of their commercial property.
- You will be able to discuss and develope A Uniform Tenant Screening Process.
- You will be able to identify and gather reliable due diligence.
- You will be able to review screening pitfalls.
- You will be able to describe guaranty litigation and screening.
AuthorsMark C. Willis, Kutak Rock LLP
Developing a Uniform Tenant Screening Process
• The 'Application'
• The 'Interview'
• The Personal Guaranty
Gathering Reliable Due Diligence
• Background Checks
• Credit Checks
• Asset Management
• Hiring Screening Companies
• 42 U.S.C. § 1982 - Potential Tenant Discrimination
• Additional Litigation Pitfalls
• Guaranty Litigation and Screening