Response to Intervention: Addressing Emerging Issues
|OnDemand Webinar||$69||Add to Cart|
Response to intervention is promoted as an important framework through which school staffs can improve the outcomes for all of their learners and more accurately identify those learners with disabilities. On the other hand, to achieve these benefits school staffs must have a high fidelity of implementation. Since RTI is not just a technical solution of new tests, curricula or instructional practices, careful consideration is needed to achieve positive results. This OnDemand Webinar will provide an overview of the important concepts and resources that support a state and district's implementation.
- You will be able to review three models of RTI and implementation components.
- You will be able to discuss controversies in RTI.
- You will be able to recognize challenges for states and local districts with implementation.
AuthorsDaryl F. Mellard, Ph.D., University Of Kansas
Legal Framework in IDEA for RTI
Distinctive RTI Models
• Three Models of RTI and Implementation Components
• A School District Application
• RTI as a Component of a Comprehensive Evaluation
Controversies in RTI
• How Many Tiers for Service?
• When Does a Student Move Into Tier 2?
• Is Special Education a Separate Tier?
• Challenges for States and Local Districts With Implementation
• Where Do You Start?
• Resource Materials Through the National Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center on Response to Intervention (RTI4Success.org)
Questions and Answers