Creating and Implementing Successful Neighborhood Plans: Building and Sustaining Value
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Neighborhood planning is of increasing importance throughout the United States. Through neighborhood planning the value of land, buildings or public investment is protected and enhanced. The value of the neighborhood's quality of life for residents, families and businesses is also positively impacted. The Obama Administration has even organized the Whitehouse Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative to focus on transforming neighborhoods. Community or government leaders, as well as professionals in the fields of design, law, planning, development and real estate are seeking to build and sustain value in neighborhoods. They are often hindered by a lack of experience with the unique challenges of neighborhood scale planning. This OnDemand Webinar will help those involved in preparing a neighborhood plan to understand how a neighborhood is defined, the different types of neighborhood plans, the strategic issues that should be considered before starting work on a Plan and the planning process used for neighborhood planning. Additionally, this program will provide insight into successful implementation strategies for the plan.
- You will be able to discuss alternative definitions of a neighborhood.
- You will be able to describe the steps in the neighborhood planning process.
- You will be able to recognize successful implementation strategies.
- You will be able to review public or private sector planning requirements.
AuthorsMichael Steele, Tierra
• Defining Neighborhoods
• Types of Neighborhood Plans
• Procedural and Content Requirements
• Importance of Public or Private Sector Requirements
• Situational Assessment
• Resource Assessment
• Organizing the Process
• Baseline Information
• Analysis of Conditions
• Defining Problems, Goals and Solutions
• Implementation Plan
• Challenges to Success
• Plan Champions, Project Champions
• Organizing the Work Plan-Year 1 and Beyond